Launching

I am a newbie and looking at a nearby SJ23.  I am curious about "how-to'launch" on a boat ramp.  I looked at the archives.  Did I miss any threads you can direct me to?  I wonder how deep the ramp needs to be, how much trouble or ease it is to launch.  Also, what is the lauch to sail comfort ratio.  Such as, 1 launch for every 6 months, or 1 launch per week trip or 1 launch every day before cursing sets in.  In other words, I don't have a permanent slip.  I could anchor it for up to a week, I guess in a public waterway nearby and dingy over to it each day.  I just can't determine if this is really a "slip" boat or not.

Thanks,

Jack

Do you Yahoo!?