RE: Launching

I treat mine as a "Slip boat", but I've seen many that trailer it from place to place to enjoy the sailing elsewhere.

I just wouldn't want to raise the mast on a daily basis...... It's not all that easy single handed.

From: Isaac Corbell [mailto:corbelljack@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 12:34 PM
To: Sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Launching

I am a newbie and looking at a nearby SJ23.  I am curious about "how-to'launch" on a boat ramp.  I looked at the archives.  Did I miss any threads you can direct me to?  I wonder how deep the ramp needs to be, how much trouble or ease it is to launch.  Also, what is the lauch to sail comfort ratio.  Such as, 1 launch for every 6 months, or 1 launch per week trip or 1 launch every day before cursing sets in.  In other words, I don't have a permanent slip.  I could anchor it for up to a week, I guess in a public waterway nearby and dingy over to it each day.  I just can't determine if this is really a "slip" boat or not.

Thanks,

Jack

Do you Yahoo!?