Re: Permanent Gas Tank?

Sure have. Take a look at my conversion. It works like a charm. I have use of the all cockpit sole and NO fumes to suck up. http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/2358/d_engine_tips/d02.html

Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mike_hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Has anybody installed a permanently mounted gas tank in their SJ? I would
like to get the tank out of the cockpit. My lockers are not properly vented,
which I could fix, but it would be a bit of a project.

I have some space under the cockpit that is unused, and have found a flat
tank that would fit. I would have to install a deck fill fitting and a vent,
but that seems pretty easy. Another benefit would be getting the tank
positioned lower in the boat and perfectly along the waterline.

Anybody see any downsides to this plan?

Mike