From: mike_hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mike_hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 11:35 AM
To: sanjuan23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Permanent Gas Tank?

Has anybody installed a permanently mounted gas tank in their SJ? I
would like to get the tank out of the cockpit. My lockers are not
properly vented, which I could fix, but it would be a bit of a project.

I have some space under the cockpit that is unused, and have found a
flat tank that would fit. I would have to install a deck fill fitting
and a vent, but that seems pretty easy. Another benefit would be getting
the tank positioned lower in the boat and perfectly along the waterline.

Anybody see any downsides to this plan?

Mike