SJ23 - Trailer guides

Good Day All:

I always trailer launch Panache and have done so successfully with only the short keel guides to assist me in centering the hull over the trailer. This past Fall I ran into a problem that prompted me to consider reinstalling my old steel 4' long hull guides. They are padded! I'm reluctant to do that owing to the installation difficulty on a tandem axle trailer. I've seen the vinyl guides and they work well for a power run about, BUT a 3000 lb sailboat?

So my question is addresses to those of you with these vinyl guides, or other guides; are they adequate to center the hull over the trailer, hold the hull over the trailer in a slight side breeze?

--

Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx