From: sanjuan23-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sanjuan23-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob
Schimmel
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 1:42 PM
To: SJ23 Distribution
Subject: SJ23 - Trailer guides

Good Day All:

I always trailer launch Panache and have done so successfully with only
the short keel guides to assist me in centering the hull over the
trailer.  This past Fall I ran into a problem that prompted me to
consider reinstalling my old steel 4' long hull guides.  They are
padded!  I'm reluctant to do that owing to the installation difficulty
on a tandem axle trailer.  I've seen the vinyl guides and they work well

for a power run about, BUT a 3000 lb sailboat?

So my question is addresses to those of you with these vinyl guides, or
other guides;  are they adequate to center the hull over the trailer,
hold the hull over the trailer in a slight side breeze?

--

Regards

bpschim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx