Forward Hatch

I need to install some hatch dogs on my SJ23 forward hatch. I read Tech Tip
08 and am planning to use the Taylor Made product. I am assuming that the
inner handle used is the Part #1731 - 1994-Present handle w/post, "O" rings,
lock, screw. The outer handle should be Part #1727 1994-Present Exterior
latching handles. Right? Also, are two dogs needed, one at each corner, or
would one in the middle of the hatch provide a watertight seal?

Thanks,

Mike H.